How to Create a WordPress Website For Beginner: Step-by-Step
Hello Friend Welcome to this edition of Websuter.com Where you will be learning how to create your WordPress website or blog. this guide is for new bloggers who want to start blogging in WordPress.
If you want to do it by yourself, then please continue to follow our step-by-step guide on how to make a beautiful website.
This WordPress guide will show you the following things:
- How to find and register a domain
- Choose the best web hosting
- How to install WordPress
- Installing a template to change your website design
- Customize WordPress theme
- Creating pages in WordPress
- Install WordPress plugins
- SEO of your WordPress Blog
STEP 1 Get Web Hosting and Register a Domain Name
Set up your WordPress or any other type of website you are going to need two things:
- Domain Name a web address like your Name.com
- Web Hosting a service that connects your website to the internet
Most hosting Company offer domains free for one year.
Where do I register a domain name and get web hosting
Choose a Domain Name
If you are making a website for your company your domain should match your company name for example: your companyname.com
Choose Your Website Hosting Plan
You can buy Hosting from Bluehost.com which come with a free domain and costs only $ 5.95 / month for ultimate hosting space and Bandwidth.
Choose your plan
- Choice plus
STEP 2 Set Up Your WordPress Website
Adding Domain to Your Hosting
- Log into your hosting cPanel.
- Click on Addon Domain, located under the Domains section.
- One the domain in the New Domain Name section.
- Once the domain is entered, click the SubDomain field and the document root usually public html/domain.com will automatically fill in, check create an FTP account associated with this addon Domain if you want an FTP added. The FTP account would only have access to that specific Addon domain.
- Click Addon Domain once this is done you will also need to add correct DNS record, you can do this at a later time if you wish but any Addon domain will not connect or work until DNS Records have been added.
DNS records to Addon Domain
- Go back to Web Hosting Dashboard page in your .com account your Addon domain will be synced automatically.
- Select your Addon domain from the dropdown in the DNS Management section
- Click the confirm button to add the DNS record
STEP 3 Installing WordPress
Every reliable and well established hosting company has integrated 1 click installation for WordPress
If you signed up with Godaddy or any other similar hosting company, you should find your 1 click installation in your account Control Panel.
- Log in to your hosting account.
- Go to your Control Panel.
- Look for the WordPress icon.
- Choose the domain where you want to install your website.
- Click the install now button and you will get access to your new WordPress Website.
STEP 4 Design Your Website
Once you have successfully installed WordPress to your domain you will see a very basic yet clean website.
That’s why you need a theme a design template that tells WordPress how you website should look see an example of free WordPress theme that you can install.
Most Of WordPress theme s are free to use and highly customize.
Log into your WordPress dashboard
If You are not sure how to type in: https://yourwebsite.com/wp-admin Enter open your WordPress dashboard
Access Free Theme
Log into your WordPress dashboard, you have got access to over 1000 free theme just search the sidebar for Appearance”, then click Theme.
I have even compiled a list 20 most popular WordPress theme
You can Install Free Theme WordPress.org
Install your new theme
Once you have found a theme you like installing it is as simple as clicking install followed bye Activate.
STEP 5 Add Content To Your Website
With your theme installed you are ready to start creating content let’s quick run through some of the basic.
Adding and editing pages
- Look along the side bar in the WordPress Dashboard for pages: “Add New”
- You will find a screen that looks a lot like what you have may be seen in Microsoft Word.
Adding pages to the menu
If you want new page to be linked to your navigation bar.
- save any changes you have made to the page by click Update
- Click Appearance -> “Menus” in the sidebar of the WordPress Dashboard
- Find the page you create and add it to the list by clicking the checkbox next to it and then “Add to Menu”
Adding and editing posts
If you have a blog on your website posts will be where you turn to next you can use different categories to group similar posts.
If you want to add a blog to your website, you can use different categories and post. let’s say you want to create a category named Blog Simply add it to your menu and making posts.
- Create a new Category by going to posts Categories’
- Create a blog post by going posts “Add New” once you have finished writing your blog posts, you need to add the right category for it.
Changing Your Title and Tagline
Title across every pages my website tagline is step-by-step guide.
In order to change the title and tagline on your website, go to setting -> GENERAL and fill in the form below.
Disabling Comments for Posts And Pages
Some websites business organization personal website mostly don’t want their visitor to be able to comment on their pages
How to shut comments off on WordPress pages:
- While you are writing a new page, click top right corner.
- click the Discussion box the allow comments box will appear at the bottom.
- Untick Allow comments.
Set up a static front page:
- Go to “Setting -> Reading”
- Choose a static page that you have create d “Front Page” denotes your home page “Posts Page” is the front page of your Website
- If you don’t choose a static pages on your own WordPress will take Your latest posts and start Showing them on your home page.
If you want to get rid of the sidebar or edit out items you do not need like Categories Meta and Archives, which are usually points less here how.
Go to Appearance -> Widgets” in the WordPress Dashboard.
From here you can use drag and drop to add different Boxes to your sidebar or remove the items you don’t want.
How do I installing a new plugin
To start installing plugins go to Plugins ->Add New” and simply start searching, keep in mind that there are over 25,200 different Plugins so you have choose from.
Installing is easy you find a plugin you like just click install and click Active.
Most popular Plugin
- Yoast SEO for WordPress: If you want to make your WordPress website even more SEO friendly this plugin is most have . it’s Free and Premium.
- Contact Form 7 : People can fill in the form and send me an email with logging into there own email provider.
- Google Analytics: Tracking your visitor traffic and their behaviour just install plugin.
Congratulation Your Website Ready